Outreach officer network
The Ogden Outreach Officer network is a group for university physics outreach officers set up to support local teachers, provide enrichment and enhancement activities for under-represented groups and support undergraduate and postgraduate students to work with schools.
Ogden outreach officers are the main point of contact for the Trust with university physics departments, providing a simple direct link and offering free opportunities for the schools in our programmes to access:
- up-to-date physics knowledge
- facilities and equipment they do not have in schools
- information about applying to university and what physics courses are like
- free enrichment activities for all ages
The Ogden Outreach Officer network meets regularly throughout the year to share practice and improve their activities. These meetings are open to all physics outreach officers in the UK. If your university physics department isn’t already part of the network but you would like to be, please contact the programme officer for outreach network, Adam Boal: email@example.com
Members of the network and their departments commit to working towards the following three themes:
- Supporting teachers in their area to develop subject knowledge, offer access to facilities and share the latest research.
- Working with undergraduate and postgraduate students to develop their skills and give them opportunities to work with young people.
- Carrying out repeat interventions for students, particularly those in the Trust’s priority audiences.
“My Ogden role has enabled me to give outreach a higher profile within my department, and I am very proud to lead that change. I am increasing the university’s interaction with schools and society, and making it a priority for the department. I love being in contact with cutting-edge research at the university; being able to transmit this knowledge and passion to children and their families through outreach is very rewarding.”
Dr Jean-Christophe Denis, Outreach Officer, University of Edinburgh
Find out more
Learn more about our programme and connect with your local outreach officer.
Find your local outreach officer
Search our directory to find your local contact.
Outreach Officer programme 2019-20
Download a report summarising outreach officer activity and impact.
Access further information about who we are, where we are and what we do.