The transition to university brings new challenges and, with the schools currently closed, this year has had particular difficulties. In partnership with Brightside, we have launched a 6-week programme designed to help make this move easier for Year 13 students planning to study physics at university this Autumn.
We have recruited England-based Y13 students who have been assigned undergraduate physics mentors (at their first choice universities where possible) to offer advice on settling into university, study skills, and keeping up their physics knowledge ready for the new term.
For students who have been unable to directly participate in the mentoring programme, we have made a range of supporting materials and links freely available. In addition, we pose some questions which we hope you will consider, to help you prepare for the transition. Bright Knowledge also provide a huge bank of resources for preparing for university. We hope that these resources will help physics students prepare for life at university.
Please remember that this is not a tutoring programme. However, we appreciate you may wish to brush up on your physics knowledge and practise your problem solving skills. As such, you may find some of the following links useful:
- Isaac Physics: questions, quizzes and activities for A-level
- Further practice for preparing for university
- A-level Physics online: video tutorials and resources
- An overview of physics in preparation for university: HyperPhysics
- Exam Smasher: answer unlimited questions
- Seneca: free virtual learning
- BBC Bitesize: daily lessons
- Free online tutoring
- Institute of Arts and Ideas - Physics Course: videos and resources to inspire curiosity
Please note that resources will be regularly updated. All words which are underlined are links which will open in a new tab.