The Ogden Trust has built links with universities across the UK via a network of Ogden outreach officers who are based in physics departments and are part-funded by the Trust.
Ogden outreach officers support local teachers, provide enrichment and enhancement activities for under-represented groups and support undergraduate and postgraduate students to work with schools.
They are the main point of contact for the Trust with the physics departments, providing a simple direct link and offering free opportunities for the schools in our programmes to access:
- up-to-date physics knowledge
- facilities and equipment they do not have in schools
- information about applying to university and what physics courses are like
- annual School Physicist of the Year events
- free enrichment activities for all ages.
Schools wishing to find their nearest outreach officer and participate in the offered activities should visit the Ogden Trust map.
We are pleased to announce that applications for co-funding an outreach officer (with a September 2019 start date) are now open.
Please see our Outreach Officers page for more information.