The Ogden Trust has built links with universities across the UK via a network of Ogden outreach officers who are based in physics departments and are part-funded by the Trust.
Ogden outreach officers support local teachers, provide enrichment and enhancement activities for under-represented groups and support undergraduate and postgraduate students to work with schools.
They are the main point of contact for the Trust with the physics departments, providing a simple direct link and offering free opportunities for the schools in our programmes to access:
- up-to-date physics knowledge
- facilities and equipment they do not have in schools
- information about applying to university and what physics courses are like
- annual School Physicist of the Year events
- free enrichment activities for all ages.
Schools wishing to find their nearest outreach officer and participate in the offered activities should visit the Ogden Trust map.
Applications for co-funding an outreach officer (with a September 2019 start date) are currently closed. All applications received are now being assessed.
Please see our Outreach Officers page for more information.