Senior Teacher Fellowships are awarded to teachers who have demonstrated exceptional commitment to physics education and are awarded to support a specific project or to support other local teachers of physics. The award can be for one or two years in the first instance.
If applying to work on a project, it should:
- address the aims and strategy of the Trust
- reach some of the Trust’s priority audiences and,
- be sustainable OR create a sustainable change OR be able to be replicated by others through the production of a ‘How to’ guide for publication on the Ogden Trust’s website.
If applying to support other teachers of physics, focus should be on schools:
- in areas of high deprivation
- with high proportions of pupils on free school meals
- without specialist physics teachers, or with only one specialist and
- which have other challenging circumstances.
A Senior Teacher Fellowship is usually awarded to the school as a time buy out of a half or full day at a set rate of £3,500 for 0.1 FTE or £7,000 for 0.2 FTE. The school must confirm that they will support this time release, if the applicant is successful, at the time of application.
Additional costs of up to £2,000 can be applied for to cover materials, travel and other necessities. To apply for funding, you must register here. Once you have registered, select the Senior Teacher Fellowship programme from the available grants page.