Subject Knowledge for Physics Teaching
FULLY FUNDED blended learning CPD for KS3 & KS4 teachers teaching physics out of specialism.
The Ogden Trust delivers Subject Knowledge for Physics Teaching (SKPT) courses – FULLY FUNDED blended learning CPD for KS3 and KS4 teachers teaching physics out of specialism. Booking is now open for summer term sessions in Forces and Atomic Physics, with sessions starting in April.
Develop your teaching skills and confidence to bring physics to life in the classroom
Book your FREE place via the STEM Learning website.
The SKPT CPD will:
- develop teaching skills and confidence in delivering lessons that bring physics to life in the classroom.
- consider mathematical problem solving, conceptual challenges, practical work and pedagogical reflections.
- link teachers to a supportive learning network led by experienced physics practitioners.
The SKPT programme comprises six topics, with two modules available each term. Teachers can select the modules they need to build their subject knowledge and professional portfolio. Each module will require up to 20 hours of learning which will be supported by physics specialists across England. Alongside each SKPT module, teachers can obtain a Subject Knowledge Award from the Institute of Physics.
Learning takes place over an 8-week period and includes:
- Full day face-to-face session
- Two online webinars
- Supported online study, including activities and quizzes
- Half day face-to-face session
The required practicals will be covered in the face-to-face sessions.
On completion of a module, a subsidy of £200 will be available to the school (subject to conditions) as a contribution towards teacher cover costs. Participants must be state school teachers in England, with some physics on their timetable and must not have a physics ITT qualification.
Access further information about who we are, where we are and what we do.