The Primary Physics Professional Learning course (P3L) from The Ogden Trust is delivered through CPD conference days which are hosted nationally by independent schools. P3L is themed on a four-year cycle, to cover the key concepts of the physics primary curriculum.
The course is ideal for subject leaders wishing to develop and enhance the profile of science within their school or wider network, and those new to the role of subject leader.
P3L offers teachers the chance to participate in a day of CPD to support physics teaching in primary schools, with a box of resources to take away at the end of the day.
What does the course cover?
Our courses are designed to support physics teaching in primary schools. The day comprises four workshops:
- Explore enquiry, questioning and AFL through Early Years and Key Stage 1
- Develop creative concepts for engaging pupils in scientific enquiry at Key Stage 2
- Enhance physics subject knowledge and collect a takeaway box of equipment for an investigation
- Develop strategies to incorporate 'working scientifically' across your school.
During the course, you will gather ideas for resourcing science in your school, gain confidence in upskilling your staff, develop personal science subject knowledge and develop ideas for working scientifically from Early Years to Key Stage 2.
How do I book?
The day-long courses are available at independent schools, with costs subsidised by the host schools and by The Ogden Trust.
Simply click on your nearest location for further information and details on how to book.
Details for these P3L sessions are still being confirmed and booking is not yet open:
- Abingdon School, Oxford, 17 October 2018
- Dulwich School, London, 1 November 2018
Please register your interest and we will email details to you once they are available.