Senior Teacher Fellowships are awarded to teachers who have demonstrated exceptional commitment to physics education and are awarded to support a specific project.
The project should:
- address the aims and strategy of the Trust
- reach some of the Trust’s priority audiences and,
- be sustainable OR create a sustainable change OR be able to be replicated by others through the production of a ‘How to’ guide for publication on the Ogden Trust’s website.
- applicants must currently be or have previously been involved with an Ogden Trust programme eg school partnership, Teach Physics (host school or intern), and,
- applicants must be teaching in a state funded school in England.
Priority will be given to applicants who are not a current member of an Ogden funded school partnership.
A Senior Teacher Fellowship is usually awarded to the school as a time buy out of a half or full day at a set rate of £3,500 for 0.1 FTE or £7,000 for 0.2 FTE. The school must confirm that they will support this time release, if the applicant is successful, at the time of application.
Additional project costs of up to £2,000 can be applied for. To apply for funding, you must register here. Once you have registered, select the Senior Teacher Fellowship programme from the available grants page.