Applications for the 2020/21 Early Career Teacher Development programme are now open. Deadline: Friday 3 April 2020.
The Ogden Early Career Teacher Development programme supports physics teachers who are between their second and fifth year of teaching post qualifying. The programme is designed to support early career teachers in their subject knowledge and pedagogical development following their formal teacher training.
The programme involves:
- regular mentoring
- access to, and funding for, additional CPD, and
- set timetable release to develop subject knowledge and pedagogy.
Priority will be given to applications that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- applicant school’s free school meals % above national average (27%)
- applicant school is Ofsted 3 or 4 rated
- applicant teacher is lone physics specialist
- applicant teacher is a non-physics specialist teaching post-16 physics and employed as a physics teacher, or
- applicant teacher is from a school not currently participating in the Schools Partnerships programme.
- applicants must be currently teaching physics in a state school in England, and
- applicants must be going into their second to fifth year of teaching post qualifying.
- For applicant teachers entering their second year post qualification, in schools participating rollout of the UK Government Early Career Framework Support Package, Ogden Trust time buy-out funding is not available, however teachers are eligible to receive mentorship and subject specific CPD.
If you’re unsure about the status of your school’s participation in the government scheme, please contact Paul Sapple to discuss your eligibility.
The Ogden Early Career Teacher Development programme awards a grant to the school as a time buy out of a half day per week (0.1FTE) at a set rate of £2,500. The school must confirm that they will support this time release, if the applicant is successful, at the time of application.
Applications for the 2020/21 Early Career Teacher Development programme are now open. Deadline: Friday 3 April 2020. Apply via our FlexiGrant Portal - register now to submit your application.