The Ogden Trust is a registered charity (1037570). We take our responsibilities as a data controller seriously and are committed to using the personal data we hold in accordance with the law.
This privacy notice provides detailed information about how we process personal data. Please read it carefully and, if you have questions regarding your personal data or its use, please: email email@example.com; telephone 020 8634 7470; write to The Ogden Trust, The Phoenix Brewery, 13 Bramley Road, London W10 6SP.
Please note that by visiting and using www.ogdentrust.com, you are accepting the practices described.
Information we may collect from you
We process personal data about prospective, current and past recipients and beneficiaries of Ogden funding; delegates who have attended Ogden events or training; and other individuals and organisations connected to the Trust.
The personal data we process takes different forms – it may be factual information, expressions of opinion, images or other recorded information which identifies or relates to a living individual. Examples include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our website or signing up to our events. This may include names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and other contact details;
- admissions, academic, disciplinary and other education related records, information about special educational needs, references, examination marks which may be collected as part of the application process for means-tested scholarships
- education and employment data collected as part of the application or evaluation process for grants, scholarships or events
- personal data, family details and financial information collected as part of an application or evaluation process for grants, scholarships or events
- images, audio and video recordings which may be made/taken at events you have attended
- courses, meetings or events you have registered for and attended
- information provided by you when you communicate with any of the Ogden team or request further information about us or anything we do.
- information we request for other purposes, for example if you report a problem with our site
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence/ communication
- we or a third party engaged by us for the purpose may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research or evaluation purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- any other personal data you choose to provide to us from time to time or that you post on our sites
- personal data provided to us by third parties in accordance with the law
- for some of our programmes and events, we need to process special category personal data (eg concerning health, ethnicity, religion or biometric data) and criminal records information about some individuals. We do so in accordance with applicable law (including with respect to safeguarding or employment) or by explicit consent.
Collecting, handling and sharing personal data
We collect most of the personal data we process directly from the individual concerned (or in the case of some scholarship applicants, from their parents). In some cases, we collect data from third parties (for example, referees, previous schools, the Disclosure and Barring Service, or professionals or authorities working with the individual) or from publicly available resources.
Personal data held by us is processed by appropriate members of staff for the purposes for which the data was provided. We take appropriate technical and organisational steps to ensure the security of personal data about individuals, including policies around use of technology and devices, and access to Ogden systems. We do not transfer personal data outside of the European Economic Area unless we are satisfied that the personal data will be afforded an equivalent level of protection.
Some of our systems (eg hosted databases, the Ogden website or cloud storage providers) are provided by third parties, including Mailchimp. This is always subject to contractual assurances that personal data will be kept securely and only in accordance with our specific directions.
state you use Mailchimp to store information.
We do not share or sell personal data to other organisations for their own purposes.
Purposes for which we process personal data
We process personal data to support our aim of increasing the uptake of physics – we work towards this mission through working with schools and the provision of prizes, internships, funding, scholarships and events, and by sharing practice and resources. We work with employed staff and wider team of representatives to deliver our aims.
- The selection, awarding, monitoring and evaluation of grants and funding
- The selection, awarding, monitoring and evaluation of internship placements
- The provision of events and Continuing Professional Development for teachers and education practitioners
- Operational management including the compilation of scholarship and funding records; the administration of invoices and accounts; management planning and forecasting; research and statistical analysis; the maintenance of archives and other operational purposes;
- Staff administration including the recruitment of staff/engagement of contractors (including compliance with DBS procedures); administration of payroll, pensions and sick leave; review and appraisal of staff performance; conduct of any grievance, capability or disciplinary procedures; and the maintenance of appropriate human resources records for current and former staff; and providing references;
- The promotion of the Trust (and its partners and funded projects) through its own website, and other publications and communications (including through our social media channels); and
- Maintaining relationships with Ogden alumni by communicating with the body of current and former scholarship holders and Ogden prize winners and/or their parents or guardians, and organising events.
The processing set out above is carried out to fulfil our legal obligations. We also expect these purposes to form our legitimate interests.
Keeping in touch
We keep in touch with Ogden alumni, partners and grant recipients and will use your contact details to keep you updated about events or initiatives which we believe may be of interest to you. We ask you to let us know your data preferences so that we can ensure our communications are relevant to you. You can update your data preferences at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your data preferences will not affect our contact with you if you have a current relationship (ie current funding) with the Trust.
Every computer connected to the internet is provided with a domain name and an IP address. When a visitor requests a web page from within the Ogden Trust website, our servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made.
This information reveals nothing personal about you. In fact, the only information that we automatically gather and log is as follows: the IP address of the site that may have referred you; your IP address; the web page that you may have linked to us from, if any; the product identifier for version and make of browser (eg Internet Explorer 8); the operating system platform that you may be running (eg Macintosh or Windows); search words or terms that are passed from a search engine (eg Google or Yahoo).
The Ogden Trust has found it advantageous to examine visitor traffic so that we can ensure maximum compatibility for the various browsers and operating systems that visit our site. By analysing visitation patterns, referring URLs and search engine terms, we can strategically enhance our exposure across the internet.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using services so they can be made easier to use
- analysing anonymous data to help us understand how people interact with our website so we can make it better
Learn how to remove cookies set on your device
Google Analytics: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
We use a number of suppliers who may also set cookies on their websites on its behalf. The Ogden Trust website does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third-party websites for more information about these.
We enforce a strict anti-spam policy that means we do not intend to sell, rent, or otherwise give your email address to a third-party without your consent.
In addition, The Ogden Trust will not send you emails that you have not agreed to receive. If you are a member of one of our mailing lists, you may be contacted with announcements, news or events.
With each email sent, you have the option of 'unsubscribing' from our mailing list at any time, thereby disabling any further such email communication from being sent. If you wish to have specific communications with a member of the Ogden Trust staff, you will be required to provide specific information that will be routed to the appropriate contact within The Ogden Trust.
The Ogden Trust will disclose your personal information or any of its log file information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessary.
The Ogden Trust uses all reasonable precautions to keep the information disclosed to us secure. The Ogden Trust reserves the right to transfer information in connection with the sale of all or part of The Ogden Trust capital stock or assets to any third party. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third-parties that receive the information.
How long we keep your personal data
We retain personal data only for a legitimate and lawful reason and only for so long as necessary or required by law. We have adopted Review, Retention and Disposal Guidelines which set out the time period for which different categories of data are kept. If you have any specific queries about our record retention periods or wish to request that your personal data is considered for erasure, please contact email@example.com.
You have various rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (2018) to access and understand the personal data we hold about you, and in some cases to ask for it to be erased or amended or for us to stop processing it, but subject to certain exemptions and limitations.
You always have the right to withdraw consent, where given, or otherwise object to receiving generic communications. Please be aware however, that the Trust may have another lawful reason to process the personal data in question even without your consent. That reason will usually have been asserted under this Privacy Notice or may exist under some form of contract or agreement with the individual (eg an employment or funding contract, or because of attendance at an event).
If you would like to access or amend your personal data or would like it to be transferred to another person or organisation or have some other objection to how your personal data is used, please make your request in writing to The Ogden Trust. We will to respond to any such written requests as soon as is reasonably practicable and in any event within statutory time-limits, which is one month in the case of requests for access to information. We will be better able to respond quickly to smaller, targeted requests for information. If the request is manifestly excessive or similar to previous requests, we may ask you to reconsider or charge a proportionate fee, but only where Data Protection Law allows it.
You should be aware that certain data is exempt from the right of access. This may include information which identifies other individuals, or information which is subject to legal privilege. We are also not required to disclose any confidential reference given by the Trust for the purposes of the education, training or employment of any individual.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to other, third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or how your data is used by these third parties. Please check the relevant policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Ogden Trust
The Phoenix Brewery
13 Bramley Road
London W10 6SP
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org