Eligibility Criteria for potential Undergraduate Science Scholarship students:
- Membership of one of the Ogden associated categories of students
- Ogden Trust Sixth Form Science Scholarship holders
- Ogden Physics prize-winners (Year 10)
- Annual Schools Physicists of the Year (A-level) sponsored by The Ogden Trust
- Students nominated by Ogden Science Partnership schools and physics hub schools
- Students who have participated in the annual Ogden Physics Symposium
- Students who have participated in an Ogden-sponsored summer or Easter vacation physics course
- Minimum 340 points at A-level (equivalent A, A, B), or IB equivalent, in their three principal subjects including grade A in maths or physics*
- Applying to read for a recognised physics degree, including Natural Sciences (Physical)
- Joint gross parental income of less than £50k **
- British nationality
* Depending on the number of applications each year, this academic threshold may rise
** Candidates whose joint parental income is under £60k will be considered if (a) both parents are working and (b) there are one or more siblings
Awards are made based on a points system that is applied across the eligibility criteria and the categories of candidate.
If you believe you meet the necessary eligibility criteria, please complete the application form and return to the Trust by 27 August. Please keep in mind that these scholarships are highly competitive and there is no guarantee that applicants will be successful.