Briar Hill First School
The Ogden Trust offers opportunities and support for teachers through a Teacher Development Programme and Teacher Fellowships. These programmes enable teachers to develop independent projects, improve their subject knowledge, develop their teaching pedagogy and support extra-curricular activities or physics outreach.
- Early Career Teacher Development Programme
The Ogden Early Career Teacher Development Programme supports physics teachers who are between their second and fifth year of teaching post qualifying. Teachers applying must be currently teaching physics in a state school in England. The programme is designed to support early career teachers in their subject knowledge and pedagogical development following their formal teacher training.
The programme involves:
- regular mentoring
- access to and funding for additional CPD, and
- set timetable release to develop subject knowledge and pedagogy, and to support additional projects such as planning and running extra-curricular activities.
Priority will be given to:
- teachers that are the only subject specialist in their school, and
- teachers in remote rural schools or areas of social disadvantage.
The Ogden Early Career Teacher Development Programme awards a grant to the school as a time buy out of a half day at a set rate of £2,500 for 0.1 FTE.
Currently the Early Career Teacher Development Programme is only open to teachers who took part in the Trust’s Teach Physics Internship Programme. Please contact Charley Phillips.
- Senior Teacher Fellowship
Senior Teacher Fellowships are awarded to teachers who have demonstrated exceptional commitment to physics education and are awarded to support a specific project.
The project should:
- address the aims and strategy of the Trust
- reach some of the Trust’s priority audiences and,
- be sustainable OR create a sustainable change OR be able to be replicated by others through the production of a ‘How to’ guide for publication on the Ogden Trust’s website.
A Senior Teacher Fellowship is usually awarded to the school as a time buy out of a half or full day at a set rate of £3,500 for 0.1 FTE or £7,000 for 0.2 FTE.
Additional project costs of up to £2,000 can be applied for.
The Senior Teacher Fellowship can only be applied for by teachers who are currently or have previously been involved with an Ogden Trust programme.
To apply for a Senior Teacher Fellowship please complete the online application form here.
- Partnership Teacher Fellowship
Partnership Teacher Fellowships are awarded as part of the Trust’s School Partnership Programme. Partnership hub schools are awarded a grant as a time buy out of half day at a set rate of £3,000 for 0.1 FTE for the Partnership Co-ordinator in the first year of a partnership only.
The Partnership Teacher Fellow will:
- develop partnership relationships with other schools
- develop a sustainable model, sharing planning and delivery between partnership teachers, and
- communicate with the Trust, to include reporting and sending meeting minutes.
Please contact Charley Phillips for more information.
Ben Wilkes is an Ogden Teacher Fellow based at Birchensale Middle School, Redditch. His fellowship has given him the chance to work with pupils, teachers and parents across the UK.