Investigate and produce a report of the cost of changing the equipment for our gas safety training.
The Real Cost of Gas Module Training
In a response to a request from our Landlord to reduce the amount of visible smoke produced on our site, we removed our real fire training gas prop and module (Alpha) and replaced them with dual burn gas props and a module in 2020. This project will review the real cost of this change, including but not limited to the following:
- Cost of training; materials, staff resources, repairs and servicing
- Pricing structure, are fire courses using the module/props priced correctly
- Reputation; less realistic training, perception of quality of training
- Risk; not meeting the awarding body standard, changes to the awarding body standard, an offshore incident, loss of sales.
Undertaking this project will give exposure to a number of business challenges that we face at present, namely; spiralling costs, meeting a ‘green’ agenda, quality and perception of training without using real fire. By using SWOT analysis it will enable the individual to consider how associated risks can be identified and mitigated.
The project will need to breakdown items and processes to create a cost model to provide an accurate view of usage to enable the business to consider future options.
Key skills and interests
- An interest in business cases and risk management
- Ability to produce reports
- Good working knowledge of appropriate IT systems.
- Ability to engage and communicate at all levels throughout Petans
- Methodical approach with an eye for detail.
Host company information
Petans has provided basic safety and emergency response training for the offshore energy sector since 1986.
Address: Imperial Way, Horsham St Faith, Norwich, NR10 3GJ
Key Contact: Andie Marshall
This project has been designed to help students achieve a GOLD CREST Award. Download the CREST project guide to help you
|File Name||File Type||File Size||File Link|
|CREST Project Guide||459 KB||Download|