The Ogden Trust offers a number of PGCE Scholarships for students specialising in physics. There are two categories of award:
a) up to £2,500 for recent graduates in one of the following categories:
b) up to £4,000 for career changers who have graduated at least 5 years previously and whose first choice of college is Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge; these are known as The Bill Ramsay PGCE Scholarships in Physics
In addition to their personal scholarship, PGCE graduates may apply to The Ogden Trust for a Physics Enhancement Grant of up to £500, to be spent on an educational physics project in their first school.
1) candidates must be applying for a PGCE course in physics or joint physics & mathematics
2) candidates must intend to work in the UK in secondary state education
3) candidates must hold British citizenship or be permanently resident in the UK
1) half of the award is paid to the student in the January after their PGCE course starts, on receipt of a satisfactory progress report from the course tutor
2) the remainder of the award is only paid when the student has accepted a job offer as a teacher in a state school within one year of the end of the PGCE course; if the student does not find such employment within that time or if they accept a teacher post in an independent school, the second half of the award will not be paid
Students previously unknown to the Trust cannot apply directly to The Ogden Trust.
Closing date for applications: 30 June